Biyernes, Setyembre 25, 2015

Book Review: "Why Wait? But Why Not Wait?" by Dr. Harold Sala



We are in a time where we see romantic relationships and promiscuity promoted left and right. Most of the time, the youth are being pressured to have a boyfriend or girlfriend of their own because of the good feelings they get when they watch such shows or movies.

Because of this pressure, we see a rush in teenagers to have a partner of their own. Some singles are being labeled as "hopeless romantics". On the other hand, we also see boyfriends and girlfriends as young as 13 years old.  Sometimes, this puppy love results in pre-martial sex and early pregnancies.

The book Why Wait? But Why Not Wait? tackles this issue. We have heard "true love waits" a million times, but what does it really mean? In this small book, Dr. Harold J. Sala invites us to get the answers to the questions "Why Wait? But Why Not Wait?".



Dr. Harold J. Sala teaches us in this book how delayed gratification (in terms of sexual purity) is for our own benefit because we are valuable persons. What I liked about the book is that it is not in "Christianese". Dr. Sala did not explain the importance of purity and why not have pre-marital sex merely in biblical perspective and principles that Christian can quickly understand, but also for those who do not believe in God and for those who do not think about morality. This book is for everyone. It is very easy to understand. After reading the book, I am enlightened and challenged. Although I don't have a girlfriend yet, by the time I get there, I will know what to do to "keep my head straight and keep my my heart pure".

My spirit was filled with joy and excitement after reading this book that I had to tell Dr. Harold Sala what I thought about it.

My e-mail

Dr. Sala's response

"Why Wait? But Why Not Wait?" by Dr. Harold J. Sala is published by OMF Literature and is available for only P50 in your favorite bookstore and buqo.




2 komento:

  1. Praying for you Jeff :) Yes, Dr Sala's book is a small one but tackles a very big issue. I also recommend this to my friends. And I commend your honesty on your letter to him; I'm also glad that the author wrote back ;) this is encouraging indeed

    TumugonBurahin
  2. 3d titanium dioxide in food, and vegan dishes
    1-Dimensional and micro touch trimmer flexible titanium max trimmer 3D titanium trim printed ceramic, A new Chinese restaurant will microtouch solo titanium serve the seafood seafood with vegan-friendly titanium bike and vegetarian menus.

    TumugonBurahin