Huwebes, Oktubre 9, 2014

Catching Up

The events I'm looking forward to are near.

First on the list is this year's Saved Festival 2014 which is in 2 days! Konting tulog na lang! Aside from the concert, I'm also going to meet some of my online friends including my fellow +P listener and fellow blogger M from bettercurly and some other friends I met online during last June's Hillsong United Welcome Zion tour. 



Second, the Global Leadership Summit which will be held on November 7-8, 2014 at GCF Ortigas. This will be my second time to attend GLS. It is part of our leadership training at church and I am really excited. It was a blast last year and I'm expecting really great teachings this year. Tickets are available at PCBS branches in Manila. 


Lastly, Jason Mraz's acoustic concert on November 27th at the Araneta Coliseum. I've been a fan of Jason since his We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things and I am really looking forward to see him. I've already missed 2 of his previous concerts and I am really praying to see him this time, kahit sa GA lang ako. Hahaha. Still praying for the ticket ;)

*~*
Recently, I've been listening to a lot of CCM, thanks to +P and I've discovered a lot of new artists. One of them is For King & Country. Their song Fix My Eyes is really catchy and the live and acoustic versions of the songs are really good. They kinda sound like Imagine Dragons. I listen to their album at least once a day HAHA.  Then, there's Love & the Outcome with their song King of My Heart. It's a catchy song and really encouraging. With lines like "You are bigger than any battle I'm facing/You are better than anything I've been chasing/Savior and royalty, the only hope in me/Jesus, You are, You are/ The King of my heart, heart". Lovely. If you are into pop, give Jessa Anderson a listen with her song Idols. Her music sounds like Ellie Goulding's so if you're into that kind of style, I recommend you to give her a listen. 



Meanwhile, Chris Tomlin released 2 new songs from his new album Love Ran Red entitled Greater and Jesus Loves Me. Jesus Loves Me is on repeat when I listen to it. The song is so sweet and you know, it's a great reminder when you're feeling unloved or discouraged. I haven't listened to Greater  yet but I bet it's gonna be good. 

Dave Barnes also released a song titled Somehow Saving You  in celebration of the 10th year anniversary of his first full-length album, Brother, Bring the Sun.


Hillsong Worship's No Other Name DVD was released recently and I can't stop watching it. Well, I've only watched it at least 3 times since yesterday. They had a streaming of the DVD on YouTube a few days ago and I was able to watch it. I think the DVD is better than the album itself. It was recorded in different occasions so there are differences. I liked the DVD version of Depths which was performed in acoustic and This I Believe, Broken Vessels, Calvary and Heaven and Earth.

*~*

I'm going to skip my book review Thursdays this week due to lack of time and preparation for Saved this week. 

Cheers!
~JB

1 komento: